Soko is an intimate 8-seat sushi bar from Sushi Chef Masa Shimakawa. Tucked away in a secluded corner of our lobby, this space was a former storeroom or soko. Its name is a tribute to the origins of sushi, when fish was wrapped in rice and salt and stored in a darkened storeroom. The infinity symbol in the Soko logo pays homage to this timeless art. Experience Soko from Tuesday to Sunday, or reserve all 8 seats for a business dinner, event, or special evening out with friends.
Sushi Chef Masa Shimakawa
Born and raised in Hakodate, Hokkaido Japan, Sushi Chef Masa Shimakawa delivers a master class in refined technique, presentation, and quality. The playful paintings on Soko’s walls portray two brothers, both fishermen, dating back to the days of Narezushi. Chef Shimakawa’s menu features rolls and nigiri as well as a six-course omakase (chef’s choice) selection.
- Eater Los Angeles (January 2022) – 18 Hottest Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Thrillist L.A. (January 2022) – The 28 Best Sushi Spots in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Times (August 2021) – Soko sushi pop-up
- LAist (August 2021) – Fabulous Events Happening This Weekend In LA And SoCal: Aug. 6–8
- Forbes (July 2021) – The Best Los Angeles Staycations Just Got Even Better
- Eater Los Angeles (July 2021) – Sushi Bar From Veteran Chef Masa Shimakawa Pops Up at Santa Monica’s Fairmont Miramar
101 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, California 90401
Tuesday to Sunday | 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm